|Salary Range:||Experience Based - Negotiable|
|Benefits:||Full compliment of benefits, health, life, pension, 401k, vacation, holidays, short term disability and others|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Minster Machine Company, a leader in the design and manufacture of metal forming equipment and a supplier of machining, fabrication, assembly, logistics, foundry and aftermarket services has an opening for a senior level Purchasing Manager, serving all corporate needs.
Generally, this person will be responsible for the management and control of all purchasing activities, to support at optimum balance of cost, quality, and on-time delivery performance of all materials and services necessary for the production and operating needs of The Minster Machine Company. This person will also supervise the activities of professional subordinates such as Planner/Buyers as well as administrative support personnel.
Responsible for all planning, sourcing, buying and management of all purchased parts, commodities, supplies and services found in a typical medium sized OEM manufacturer.
- Must have a thorough understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP).
- Demonstrated skills and positive attributes to work with people are required.
- Must have the ability to provide guidance and mentorship.
- Requires good communication skills with the ability to plan prepare and make presentations.
- Will be accountable for and responsible for the group activities.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive purchasing experience in sourcing and purchasing of custom components and commodities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous purchasing management experience required, International exposure would be a plus.
- Excellent computer skills.
If you meet these requirements and have interest in the position, please apply at http://www.minster.com/
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/D/VW
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.